There are 2 weeks of this and both are interesting.
- Held at my school from 9am to 12:10pm.
- The week is split up with 3rd and 4th grade coming the first half, and 5th and 6th coming the second half.
- Class size is 20 students.
- Our theme is: Animation, make a diorama, role-play market, make sandwiches
- It is more fun than serious.
- Held not at school but all the way in Chung-nam province, Chungyan. Several other teachers will be there.
- 4 nights 5 days.
- Sleep and live in cabins. Work is from about 9am to 8pm at night, with breaks for food in between. (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- The first and last day are more about ceremony than lessons.
- Not looking forward to this one seeing how I have to leave the comfort of my home, but what the heck right...it is part of the adventure.
Hello, teacher.Wow, the subjects sound like PE activities. I just hope that they are not held outside. But I don't know how you can do kite flying indoors. :(
I'm Mr. Majaeok in Gunpo city-hall, I'm manager of Gunpo winter camp
I heard your questions about our winter camp
Gunpo English Winter camp will be held in Chung-nam province, Chungyang
You will stay in Chungyang Youth-Center that have pension or cabin
And You will teach the usual english expression to elementary students. (10~13years old)
The number of students are 75. we organize 5 group, the group has 15 students.
The subject of winter activity is snow sliding, flying a kite and Korean traditional games.
You will play with student and teach the usual english expression, naturally.
Because our camp is 4nights and 5days, You should prepare your clothes, toilet articles, and towers
We will give whole meal and some snack.
We will move through 2 big bus, please come to Gunpo City-hall 1st floor at 8:10 , 5th January.
I hope that my answer will be helpful to you. Thank you, see you later.
In a separate email there was attached our lesson plans which have subject matter that goes beyond these PE activities. So looks like they will learn Science and other subjects but through fun activities.
I feel some stress because one of the major things I struggle with as a teacher is being a fun person. I tend to explain stuff in a serious tone and then try to say something about it in a light and fun tone, but usually the kids just stare back at me blankly.
During this time I won't be able to blog...maybe the place will have some computers so I can check email. Well, that is my winter camp duty that most Public School teachers face here in one way or another.