Friday, December 5, 2008

Korean Lesson: Friday

Today's wonderful and glorious Korean lesson is:

나는 지금 바빠요.


Now I`m busy.


나는=I

지금=now

바빠요=busy



We can say just 바빠요(Busy)






나는 집에 가고 있어요.



I`m going back home.



나는= I

집에=home

가고=go

있어요=ing




Yes this sentence is usually used with out 나는, and 있어요 this form is the polite way. So you can use 있어 without 요.




See this dialogue




Q=What is your job?

A-My job is a teacher.




I think there are many answers to this question.


1) teacher! or


2)I have a teaching job.


3)I`m a teacher.




Every kind of answer is good, right?



This lesson was taken from the email BK sent me. I am really busy today so haven't had time to study it yet.

4 comments:

  1. A minor correction for the following translation:

    나는 집에 가고 있어요.
    I`m going back home.
    나는= I 집에=home 가고=go 있어요=ing



    가다 is "to go", with 가~ the verb stem. To make a sentence in the present continuous you use ~고 있다. So 가 = "go" and ~고 있다 = "~ing". (In other words, 가고 doesn't mean "go".)

    Good luck on your 'test'! ^_~

    - Paul / samedi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy, that would be awesome if you would like to be on the radio. Think of something and let me know. How about a story of what it's like to date in Korea or how you met your boyfriend?

    Dan
    seouleats.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it Joy....a radio appearance would be fun!
    ----------------------------------
    For BK:
    The Q. "What is your job?" is not how a native English speaker would inquire re: a person's occupation or job.

    Rather:
    "What is your occupation?"
    or
    "What do you do for work?
    or
    "What is your position with that company? (school?)"
    -------------------------------
    HUGzz & STAY WARM & Hot chocolate & wook socks!
    It's rather frigid there now, huh?!!
    M.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...