Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pronunciation

During my time in college I took Chinese. I worked my ass off and got an "A" in that class, but it took practicing everyday for 1-2 hrs and taking a daily class at school. It was exhausting, due to that you had to learn the tones, characters and romanization. But I was able to get it down.

With learning Korean I wish I could take a class, but I am not willing to travel into Seoul during the week to do so. There might be a school around here, and so I will look for one. But there is the time in between and I need to keep going with it.

As we all know BK is giving me weekly sentences to start getting my brain on the speaking / thinking Korean path.

But memorization is not enough I need to get down my pronunciation. Therefore I am left with internet resources:


And websites:
Click and hear Korean

The major advantage will be that I am here and hopefully will start to understand more and more what I hear and read.

Anyways I hope my attempts at learning Korean and sharing them will help other beginners out there.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the website, I need a refresher course. when you don't use it, you lose it...so keep practicing... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a pretty good source for common phrases. I like the mavigation plus the pause and repeat buttons!
    http://english.gg.go.kr/korean/Learn_List.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video! I may have to share with others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! So sorry hun. I totally missed your call. I was out in Itaewon and by the time I could call you back it was 11pm and I thought it may be too late for you. Busy Sunday? I wanted to do dinner with some people like me, you, Heather maybe my friend Dawn and anyone else that wanted to join?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...