Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Access

Ok I admit it... I watch TV. I am a committed Lost fanatic and I also like some reality TV shows such as Top Chef and Survivor.

But when you live outside America having internet TV access to sites such as ABC.com will block you from watching their episodes.

But there are ways to get around this! You could find the show uploaded onto Youtube or go to other hosting sites.

Yet there is another way.

VPN

I know nothing of all this logistical talk but there are free hosts out there that will allow your internet connection to bypass these security settings.


Try Hotspot Shield, Always VPN and you can use sites such as www.hulu.com to watch some shows.

Or access the shows directly at the network websites. I have a Mac so I don't know how it will go for PC users. In any case I did this because I don't want to be lost when it comes to Lost season next month.

3 comments:

  1. www.surfthechannel.com and www.sidereel.com

    Be careful when accessing these sites because it can suck you in! I spent all of last month watch the entire series of Prison Break. I've learned my lesson and am only sticking with the shows I love, which include Lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I use VPN to get around the internet censoring at my schools.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...