Here for you is my pick of events that I would like to go to in September. I found these off a Korean tourist website.
- Event Dates: September 25, 2009 - October 04, 2009
- Place: Maskdance Park, Hahoe Folk village , Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Why Go?: Hanji paper, Traditional embroidery, World Mask exhibition, Mask dances
- Event Dates: September 23, 2009 - November 01, 2009
- Place: Korean Craft Museum, 755 Sajik1-dong, Chungcheongbuk-do
- Why go?: The theme for the exhibit is to think "outside the box" which is an interesting task for something like crafts. There will be a lot of hands on activities here for making traditinal crafts.
3. KIAF 2009 (2009 Korea International Art Fair)
- Event Dates: September 18, 2009 - September 22, 2009
- Place: Hall C & D, COEX Center, Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Why go?: I went last year to this event and it was a breath of fresh air. Meaning you will be blown away by the amount of contemporary Asian art on display. There will be performances and lectures so it certainly is an opportunity for those to brush up on the contemporary Asian art scene.
4. The Sound of Silence
- Event Dates: September 04, 2009 - September 20, 2009
- Place: M Theater, Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, Seoul
- Time: September 4 (Tuesday)~20 (Sunday)
Weekdays at 19:30 /
Saturday at 15:00. 19:00 /
Sunday at 16:00 /
No performance on Monday
- Why Go?: "The musical depicts the tragedy of lost love. The Sound of Silence, after completing the performance in Korea and Japan in 2009, plans to go to China in 2010 and then London, signaling a new era of Asian musicals."
Do you have any suggestions for September? I saw a lot more out there so what would your picks be?