Thursday, December 30, 2010

Train To Richmond

As noted in my previous post for my Christmas vacation I am using many forms of transportation. The first one was a train ride into Richmond. This is a city across the bay from San Francisco, and is where I stayed the night at my friend's house. My dad dropped me off at the old station in Colfax, where we admired the scenery before I got on the train.



The train arrived and I was a little surprised at how big and hulk like it was. 
The train ride was pleasant and felt very nostalgic. It certainly beats driving to the bay area, or perhaps flying. You just sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery.





We left the foothills and made our way into the valley passing Sacramento and Davis.




As we got closer to the bay area, there was a coastal marsh area that made for some great reflections.


Then we crossed over the Martinez area and bridges.

Passing a sugar factory.

We got to the bay and my stop was coming up. I spent the night at my friend's house, but didn't sleep much as I was excited to reunite with JH the next morning at the airport. Stay tuned as I will try to bring up posts of our trip.

4 comments:

  1. There's a few really great shots there Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... some really nice shots..

    But damn you!

    You give me the homesickness!

    I lived in the Bay Area most of my life and my sister lives in Soda Springs... I used to take the train from Oaktown to Truckee ALL the time...

    I loved it for its wildly changing scenery.. I see you're not fond of the "backyard" shots you can get on that run... ^^

    When are you back in the land of Kimchi, Dokdo, and snow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no~ Those backyard scenes were great...I think I left one out. Hmmm I will be back in the land of Kimchi and short skirts at the end of Feb.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...now keep up w/ur posts here... too much time in between...we're spoiled readers!

    AND...we haven't seen a pic yet of the happy couple together in the USA!
    huh?!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...