Saturday, December 4, 2010

In Transition

Yesterday I said goodbye to the Principal and everyone. Actually, the dinner was nice but some of the things they said made me really frustrated inside. They commented on that stuff in the past and that they understand my character. It bothered me that they didn't really thank me for the work I put in for a year and the relationships I built with the students. Ah well!

So I got to go home early yesterday, which was great since I started the final packing. I really have too much stuff! This morning after some more packing I took Tom over to his brother's house for his three month stay. Beforehand, I just sat and watched him play. Oh I am going to miss him!


They are giving me all day today to move out and clean, thankfully. But I am already bushwhacked from yesterday and not sleeping too well last night. All I know is that I need to put the past behind me, learn my lessons and feel the excitement of having no work till March! Yee-haw!

4 comments:

  1. Wow ur really attached & loving your kitty Tom now...that was nice to hear, but sad you won't be with him for a critical part of his growing up period now. How's Tiger doing w/JH & family?
    I'll miss seeing pics of frisky little Tom!

    Maybe the Koreans said what you wanted to hear in their own way & you missed it? Is that possible? It must be just as hard for them to understand Westerners as it is for Westerners to understand them. Huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two kittens are getting along swimmingly. By that I mean that they are beating the snot out of each other, but they seem to be doing so more lazily than at first. So I think they're getting a bit tired. Also, Tom is starting it some of the time, so it isn't just Kaiju being a bully, which makes me happy.
    I think they'll be fine. I will try to remember to post lots of pictures so you can keep an eye on him and make sure I'm not letting him get too fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last day of school went the same for me when I left my 2 year position at the private elementary school I was teaching at. My boss walked up to everyone, shook their hands, and congratulated them for a job well done -- everyone except me. On my last day I walked out of the school turned around and yelled 'F-YOU!' while giving the money-grabbing-non-caring school the middle finger. I felt great!

    GOOD RIDDANCE JOY! I hope you don't have to endure this kind of bs at your new school. Have a great vacay!

    I hope JH loves America!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys!! I think they were trying to tell me something and leave on good terms. It wasn't too bad. Eventually it felt really awkward.

    I too hope my new school is great and that I don't repeat some of my own offenses.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...