My pal Kristen works at one of the hagwons currently under the fire from the swine flu mania. I am not going to name which one she works at, but I will say it is one of the bigger establishments.
I met her last Monday just as her school was being shut down and she was told to stay at home or nearby for 7 days.
Well I am not going to reword her experience, for I think it is best you go take a glimpse of it over at her blog. You can really get the sense of how it feels to be the "other" here.
Goodluck Kristen!
It is definitely making me work harder to get grad apps in and study for my GRE, so maybe in that way this whole situation is a blessing in disguise. I just try to hold on to the kindness I have recieved from people here and hope that this will all blow over soon with as few consequences as possible...
ReplyDelete