Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rice Cooker Obtained

I posted a while back about how I pushed my coteacher to honor my contract and provide me with an functioning rice cooker. Well this week she pulled through and I have for you my new rice cooker. Although it is technically the school's property it will serve me well.

Tada....
And because I think there are still some curious minds out there who wonder what us expats eat, here are some pictures of recent groceries I bought. Keep in mind I have other stuff besides this so here is just a sample.

Various grain puffs... great as cereal!

Emart had a sale of utensils going on so I picked up a few necessities. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find these things sometimes.

Pre-packaged salad... I know I could make it myself by buying lettuce.

Fruit gummies which are probably mostly sugar.

Orange juice and apple juice.

Apple jam. I go through jam like crazy. The stores mostly stock strawberry jam but I like a different flavor each time.
Well there is that slice of life. Wonder if my first pot of rice will come out good today.

2 comments:

  1. And if you get tired of rice, there are ways of making your rice cooker double as a crockpot. Eun Jeong has made Galbi Jjim in ours, and I've seen someone make Samgyetang in hers. I want to get a spare rice cooker to experiment with some crockpot recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really nice crockpot back in America. I made excellent stews and chili. The darn thing could even roast a whole chicken or turkey. I sold it before I left. Was a real jem.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...