Here is a list of the documents I am sending to get the visa issuance number for 2011:
· 2 Photos
· Copy of my Passport ID page
· Application for Visa
· Copy of the employment contract
· Health statement
· FBI Check with Apostille
· Apostille copy of my BA degree
· Apostille copy of my AA degree
· 2 Letters of recommendation
· TESL/TEFL certificate
· Certificate of Employment from previous employer
I think a few of those things might be in excess, but I definitely feel it is better to send more for safety sake.
Below is a scan of the Apostille paper that is attached to the FBI check. You will note the difference between this one and an Apostille from your State is that this one isn't that flashy.
Once again I hope all of this comes in handy for those getting a new visa within this new year.
- FBI received documents on 10/18/2010. Documents were completed and returned on 12/23/2010. About 9 weeks.
- Time for FBI doc to come back with Apostille from the Secretary of State in Washington DC. About 1.5 weeks.
- Total time to complete FBI Background check with Apostille = 10 - 11 weeks.
I'm so happy!