Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Great Vacation: Ocean Air and Kimchi


After the trip to the museum we got back on the streetcar-Muni, and headed to Ocean Beach. I figured the guy needed to see the Pacific ocean at least once, and it turned out to be a great idea.




We both admired the fresh sea air, and vast expanse of ocean. He remarked how it was strange there weren't any sashimi restaurants nearby. As you might know, in Korea near the water's edge are usually many fish restaurants. As we strolled along the shoreline we caught sight of a seagull that was picking at a crab. Then the water rolled in and made it's catch come closer to us. The poor seagull lost it's dinner.



We left Ocean Beach on our way back to Irving street for, you guessed it a Korean meal.



With a little help from the Yelp website, I managed to find a Korean restaurant in this area called, Tofu Village.

The prices were all-right and the menu pretty extensive. However, I still think it is a bit overpriced. JH ordered Nangmyeun and I ordered bulgolgi with soup.


I have to admit that was the best bulgolgi I have had in a very long time. Perhaps even better than what I have tasted in Korea. JH liked it to along with his naengmyeon. I know it was probably silly of me to take him to a Korean restaurant in America, when he needs to experience American cuisine, but I felt it would be fun to try out some restaurants and see if the taste came close.

After dinner we were pretty tuckered out from our day at the park and beach, so we headed back to the hotel. I will post up the rest of our San Francisco trip soon along with what we did back in my parent's area.

For now, I just got back from delivering JH to the airport. He is still in the air and probably taking a nap or watching something on the screen. I have to say this was a great trip for us, as I think it was the most time we every spent together consecutively. Plus, I loved showing him around and being his tour guide. (I miss him!) Now that our trip is over I am going to focus on enjoying the rest of my vacation, and get ready for new job.

Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. That's a big crab, did it have a jellyfish on it?
    Some of the fotos are great....such beautiful wide open "silvery" imagery - I could smell the fresh air as well!
    I'm glad you guys got over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No jellyfish on the crab. But there were some elsewhere. I know it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...