Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Notes From Camp (Week 1)

I am already past the third day of camp. So far it has been running pretty smoothly, but with 3rd graders what can you expect. This camp is special since there are 2 foreign teachers at my school and so we have 2 groups of kids. Also our program entails the groups switching classes. It turns out the group I have are quiet and the other group is noisy. Kids are kids, so what can you do?

Coming back to work I felt all right and ready to tackle the months ahead. I think the vacation did us all good as we are all at a general level of smiles and "How are you?". There were a few riffs today when I was explaining the shopping role play game but I blame the heat and that I woke up too early. Yet I put myself into gear and calmed down. I am feeling more at ease around my coteachers and finding myself letting go of things that use to bother me. I hope this kind of rhythm keeps up.

Tomorrow we are going to do the egg drop and so I am looking forward to that. However, knowing that there are still 2 more weeks to go drags me down. My next vacation will be in the middle of September for Chuseok, so I think I am going to look forward to that. Yet I don't know what I will be doing yet.

I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...