Friday, August 27, 2010

Those Last Days of Vacation

The Fall semester will be starting next week but that doesn't mean I have forgotten about my two week vacation that I had three weeks ago. Before I set off to the land of kimchi and left behind my home, I did some final visiting with friends and family.
It is amazing how much can change in one person's life when you are away from them for a whole year. I visited my friend that I have had since high school and learned of some family troubles she was going through. But we made the best of our afternoon together, and I reassured her that I would be back in the winter to help out.
We visited a yogurt ice-cream place where you get to pour your own and put on your own toppings. This kind of place is catching on out there in the States.
Our next stop was a cozy used book store.

After our "goodbyes" I headed back home to take my dad and stepmom out for dinner. We went to a Thai inspired restaurant in town.
Before leaving home we went out for brunch at Ike's Cafe. This felt like tradition and the food was served up really good.

I had the cinnamon and walnut "flap jacks" with real maple syrup. It was gooooood. (That's a load of brown sugar and bananas on top.)

I left my dad's place around the afternoon of the next day and headed out to San Francisco. I checked in at my hotel, which was south of the city in the suburbs. I was on my own and did some last minute clothes shopping and sushi eating. 

The next day I checked out of the hotel and headed to a cute little downtown area where I had a bagel and orange juice. I walked around and found myself in an organic food store.
That was probably the highlight of my day before getting on a plane for a 11 hour flight. How I wish I could just walk into that place now. Ah well...maybe internet shopping?

My vacation, although short and fast, inspired me to keep myself happy and positive. Even when I feel like I am getting sucked into the drama and drone atmosphere at work I will try to push myself up and focus on what matters in life. Keeping the love and warm feelings I felt from my trip close to my heart and mind.

1 comment:

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...