Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Want to Stay / Want to Go

Vacation...
Time passes as it normally does and I find myself caught in between the space that is my American self and my Korean self. (I'm not Korean, but feel I have a Korean life). So it is that these thoughts drown out the buzz in my mind. I am in a very beautiful part of the world surrounded by family, friends and familiarity yet I feel alone. This isn't meant to be depressing more I am trying to point that in Korea I feel like I have a purpose and comradeship with other foreigners. In Korea, basically, I feel like I belong to something. Out here I feel like I belong to my family and country but as an adult with independence and stability I feel lost. But I am not trying to drown you in my ideas of life in between spaces.

Let's look at what I have seen and what makes my slice of America so special.

BBQ's with Friends and Family~




Locally owned and operated supermarkets that have been in the same place since you were a kid.

Organic products for less than $10 bucks.

Great pasta without sugar and a lot of olives and sun dried tomatoes.

Thrift stores~




Nature~

Liability issues ~

Geese~

California shadows~

A cemetery nearby my family's neighborhood.

Time takes it's toll.

Creative mailboxes.

Tender loving flowers~ (oops hippy-ness)

I know that if it weren't for the year I have spent living in South Korea I wouldn't appreciate as much as I do this visit here in America. For Pete's sake I caught myself appreciating the traffic signal yesterday. haha

;)

1 comment:

  1. We shall not cease from exploration

    And the end of all our exploring

    Will be to arrive where we started

    And know the place for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...