Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Din Din

I have been trying lately to make myself dinner more often than eating out. I think I am doing this mostly because my appetite has lost interest in eating Han's Deli and "spaghetti" over and over.

I use to do a lot of cooking back in college to save money, so it is not like I don't know how to cook. A few weeks ago I made a chicken dinner that turned out pretty well. I used Jiffy cornbread mix from Hannam supermarket and taco seasoning to coat the chicken.
I was bit too nervous worrying about not cooking the chicken enough that I think I overcooked it in the end. It still tasted pretty good.
Those are "Spanish" olives in that salad!

The next day I shared the left over cornbread with my coworkers. They were pleased, so now I think I will get around to making banana bread and share that with them.
If I am not cooking up something "western" I put together a quick remyeon and rice meal. Eating in saves money too!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm.. banana bread...

    I hadn't thought about that since I got here...

    I think I'll make some next Thursday for the goodbye party of my Senior Conversation Class..

    you rock the stove!

    (in a totally non-sexist way!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...