Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner at Toque's

Last year around Thanksgiving I had just started my job at the Sanbon school and was feeling miserable. I was sick along with recovering from all the stress I went through quitting the hagwon. On top of which relations between me and my exboyfriend weren't so good.

Needless to say getting out to Seoul on a Thursday evening for a Thanksgiving dinner was difficult.

Amazingly, this year I not only was in Seoul but in a position to easily catch a Thanksgiving dinner put on by Toque's.


Last night I met up with JH after he got off of work and we headed over to Hangangjin where Toque's is located.


The special aspect of attending the dinner was teaching JH about the tradition and the stories from my childhood. This was his first Thanksgiving dinner and I think he enjoyed it very much.

We were seated inside near the buffet and we waited as more people were seated. The smells of Thanksgiving were aromatic with the scent of stuffing and gravy looming.

Waiting I think was the hard part since I traditionally starved myself throughout the day.

 
 
Finally everyone arrived and the staff handed out our plates. The style they did the serving in was that you receive your plate with turkey and stuffing on it, then you go over to the buffet to fill up on the other fixings.


  • Turkey (white and dark meat)
  • Stuffing
  • Tuna Casserole
  • Green Bean Casserole (my fav)
  • Candied yams
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Broccoli Cheese
  • Cranberry Sauce
There was also a section of salads and a mushroom saute. There was also a small dessert table with tiny slices of pumpkin pie and carrot cake along with a selection of fruits. I think they could have pumped up the volume more on the desserts. Maybe not thought of but Thanksgiving desserts are a major part of the meal. Not just pumpkin pie but pecan and rhubarb were always my favorites along with ice cream. Also whip cream was an option but kind of secretive where you had to ask a staff member for it.

All in all, though I will take what I can get. The meal was delicious and the flavors brought me back to America. JH really liked the mashed potatoes and salad. Also it was his first time eating turkey and remarked that it is a very "smooth meat". haha

Yum!!! If you want to catch this again many restaurants will do a version of this for Christmas. So check the interwebs for it. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow it looks so good. It was a toss between Toque and the USO package and went with the latter. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...