Sunday, February 21, 2010

Looking Back

Who knows why, but I had a dream last night that prompted me to go on the internet this morning and thoroughly remind myself of 9/11.

You know that day back then when it seemed the world was ending. I am sure we all have our stories of where we were and what we were doing. I was in California, at the time, waking up around 11am to have my Dad enter my room and tell me to turn on my TV. After seeing the first tower on fire I looked out my window and wondered if the world was still there. Needless to say I spent the rest of that day in a loss about what was happening. I couldn't help but feel so much sadness for those innocent people.

Nine years have passed, I graduated college and have since been living in South Korea, far from my American soil. You would think it never happened. But it did, of course, and I believe the world was never the same after those attacks.

Today I looked again at the photos of the burning and falling towers. I read stories of those who survived. I made it a point to ignore all those conspiracy theories. All in all, I am left beside myself after remembering everything that happened back then. I still get that eery and cold feeling about it all.

Of course I hope nothing like that happens again anywhere in the world, and I hope people don't forget about it.

What an interesting way to wake up? huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...