Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Volcanologist

Yep, that is one of the words I had to teach my students today. This was an older group, about 14 to 15 years old. I kept on messing up the word but finally pronounced it well enough for them to get it. I had a good time with this group because they were older and I didn't have to make my kiddy voice anymore.

So yea, teaching has been a great whirlwind lately. I am finding for now that the main key to it is organizing and also not getting things done quickly. So that means I need to plan more activities around the lessons. Lately I haven't really been able to plan extensively because I haven't had much time to plan. So we have this Friday off and I am going to spend it planning the whole month.

I have considered that planning for the whole month may not turn out so well, but I think if I get down a basic structure for each day I can pepper the classes with more activities. Instead of just rushing around trying to think of something to say. Also I tend to feel more confident and relaxed when I have things planned out.

In between all this I still need to finish unpacking things in my apartment, figure out where the trash goes and where to buy the special trash bags and get a decent nights rest.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Welcome to Korean education-- where the focus is solely on useful language the student is likely to frequently encounter in the real world. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm I was just commenting on how I enjoyed using this word with the kids because even I had a hard time pronouncing it. Yea it is useless but gets them speaking I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...