Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sausalito

I'm down to my last 24 hours here in America and it is going quite pleasantly well. Except for my hacking cough that is now my closest buddy, I am trying to treasure these moments. I am in Sausalito, California which is across the bay from San Francisco. Actually, if you have ever crossed the Golden Gate bridge coming out of the city one of the tiny coastal cities you pass by is Sausalito.

This place has great houses and a cute downtown area, which I check out today. Above is a picture of where I have been staying.
 I parked the car in the downtown area, and had a look around the docks.


From this viewpoint you could see the city of San Francisco, Alcatraz island and Angel island. 



Some people were setting things up for sailing, where here a guy was on a surfboard and using a paddle to move himself and the buoys around.
I enjoyed some foliage.





Things were a little foggy this morning but it did clear up nicely. I made my way to where the boats were and I liked seeing their reflections in the water.



Afterward, I took a stroll around the downtown area peeking in on the little shops.




Nearby the bay was a strip of road with alongside it more little shops but mostly cafes and eateries. I stopped in and had a grilled eggplant sandwich.
After this very satisfying lunch I looked out across the bay and admired the view.

Some buddies joined me...


The parking meter was about to give up and being alone in a touristy area made me feel a bit lonesome. I headed back to the car with these thoughts. Soon I will be on a plane trying to catch some sleep or just not cough on everyone. Time to snap back in to my Korean reality.

See you there!

2 comments:

  1. When you come back, please submit some art to Speakeasy. I think that would be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the magazine still happening? last time I tried they said it had ended.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...