Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup Mania: My experience

Last Saturday, Korea was up against Uruguay in the World Cup. All around the country you could see the devotion Korean people have towards their country. I went out with one of my new friends from Orientation to watch the game.

First we stopped at a cafe for Pat Bing Su and a game of scrabble.
Strawberry flavor~
and coffee flavor~
We spotted a funny sign on the window ~
The game was about to start so we packed up and headed to the streets where the bars and chicken houses were.

Certainly I could tell the game was on as I saw bars packed and people sitting out in front watching. Before this I saw the mania on TV and wondered what it was like to walk past it. Certainly there is a great feeling of togetherness and community. Therefore I enjoyed taking part.
What I liked best about this event was that whole families were there.

Then we moved on to a cafe to watch the game and take in the atmosphere. 
While I watched I took some footage and from that I made the following video. 

As you can see it was a lot of fun and also very interesting. I walked home alone along the river near my house and admired the neon reflections in the water.
I couldn't help but think about how amazing it feels to be here and capture those moments with a friend. Yet at the same time I suddenly missed my family and familiar places across America. I was grateful for so much and hopeful for much more. Thank you Korea!

3 comments:

  1. Patbingsu! The coffee flavor looks amazing - can I ask where you availed of this culinary delight?

    Great photos! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it at a BeansBins in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...