Monday, July 5, 2010

Up Ahead

I just wanted to make an update here. It is already July and to me that means that summer is whizzing by fast. I don't want summer to end as much as the humid heat makes me sweat. But what can you do? Right?

I should look on the bright (sunny) side because in nearly two weeks I will be on a plane to America. My second summer vacation will be spent in Florida and California. Within about 14 days I am going to bounce around America and visit my relatives and past living places. I am excited but nervous at the same time. Another thing I am feeling is that I haven't yet really grasped that this is going to happen. I mean I have planned for it really well. Got my hotels and car rentals booked. I even bought a travel notebook to keep it all straight. Yet, inside I feel like my life in Korea is going to keep on puttering without interruptions.

I look forward to this visit. I know that going will help get some perspective on my life here in Korea and also I get to reconnect with close relatives. The future is going to roll around and this job contract will eventually be at it's end. What to do then?

You may have been wondering why lately there haven't been many posts featuring adventures with JH. This is because JH is Korean and therefore works his ass off during the week. On the weekends he is a very tired man who desires rest. Unfortunately he is with me who wants to go out and seek new places. Yet I don't want to harm the poor guy. So lately we have been resting together and doing mild things. Also he has been attending hagwon English classes during the week so that adds more to his tiredness.

As for my job it is also puttering along. Nowadays there has been a new feeling amongst the Korean coteachers. They seem less interested in talking or caring about us Native teachers. I am not sure what caused this and probably will never really understand. I think though they are just trying to get through till the semester is over. Probably just burnt out from work and all the stuff that goes along with it. I haven't gotten into any scuffles so that is good.

We are already over half-way through 2010 and I wonder what lies ahead?

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a fabulous time with your family. Enjoy it, let yourself be extremely pampered, and don't stress about life back in Korea. It will still be there, so enjoy your free time. I still have a month before I can take my vacation but I'm anticipating it.

    I think it's because it's the end of the semester. Everyone is a little crabby and stressed, including me. There is so much to do.

    The next half of 2010 will be filled with more adventures, pitfalls, and moments to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...