Thursday, June 25, 2009

Korean Radio

Sitting on my windowsill is a fancy radio contraption. Not only does it hook up to my iPod and sync via blue tooth with my laptop, but it connects to traditional radio waves.

Would you know it people? Korea has radio stations. Ah, maybe some of you knew this already.

From time to time I turn my radio on and see what is out there. Usually there is news broadcasting on nearly every channel. Other channels have people talking. There is an English channel...EBS FM, that JH likes to listen to in the car.

But for me when I listen to the radio I am in search of music and not the Kpop stuff. Sometimes it is pretty much hit and miss and I turn off the device after not finding anything.

As for tonight I came upon a KBS station that is broadcasting live traditional music and I became enchanted. I desperately want to know who the artist is or at least the genre. So I did a hefty google search and found the KBS radio station in English.

I still haven't pinpointed who I am listening to, but hopefully I will find it. For now I can tell it is just labeled as "Traditional music".

All in all, it is nice to listen to the radio waves out here in Korea land. I would recommend for others to go out and get a functioning radio gadget and have a try.

1 comment:

  1. Would you know it people? Korea has radio stations. Ah, maybe some of you knew this already.

    Wait ... does this mean that you thought that only the United States and Canada have radio stations? :D

    One of the great opportunities that comes while traveling is checking out local airwaves. Maybe it's just in Uijeongbu and northern Seoul, but I also notice a lot of bus and taxi drivers that like to listen to the radio while they work.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...