The situation at my house has degraded. I got use to living in a small box with music blaring from the restaurant outside. It helped that a few people in the building complained about the music enough that they now keep it down more. And when the weather warmed up and the restaurants down below started serving food outside I got use to the smell of roasted pig flesh.
But I am having trouble getting use to this new development. That would be beeping.
Beep beep beep beep beep .....until finally it stops.
On one side of the area outside is a parking garage and when cars enter and exit the building a red light flashes and a beeping sound is emitted. But because the process of having the car enter and exit the garage takes a freaking long time I get to hear that beeping almost constantly now.
There are a few things I have done during my time at home to help myself from hearing it.
- Listen to Jazz music (for some reason this really helps me not hear the beeping pattern)
- Watch a movie (but the quiet slow moments can make hearing the beeping occur)
- Close the window (If done then I need to turn on the Air-con, which equals money)
- Close the window and turn on the air con (helps alleviate the beeping sound)
- Close the window, air-con on, earplugs in. (Works! But my brain somehow repeats the beeping pattern in my head and I have to tell myself no!)
It builds up rage inside of you that you can't find an outlet to vent at, mostly because that would be in the privacy of your own home...but it is my home that sucks.
So my coteacher sensed my fowl mood today and tried to enquire as to why. But I responded coldly. She knows I hate my house and that I have spite towards my old coteacher who found me the hell hole. (And she still works at our school)
I am waiting till the day I move out of this place and more so waiting till the time I get to go look for a better place to live. If that means a different location with different people then so be it!
I just hope that no other new developments come along before my time is up in my home.
Four more months!!