But then yesterday evening (Thursday) I got an email from the public school recruiter for Gyeonggi-do saying that he knows of a school in Guri that may have an opening in November. And immediately I thought "OH shi*t!".
No I am back in the tailspin of what to do. But now I feel that if my school will release me and if this guy will guarantee me a spot in Guri....there is a good chance I will make the change.
Yet if I do change there are the battles ahead:
- Getting a fresh Background check from America (takes weeks)
- Japan Visa run
- Moving
- Change
Anyways we will see what happens. In the meantime still gotta work at my current place.
SO please tell us more about the Public School opportunity; what you would be teaching, student's ages, hours (# of classes per day), salary, etc....
ReplyDeleteWhen do you have to decide?
Will there be a formal interview, so you can see the school, meet the principal, etc...?
Other Details: Who pays your air fare back to U.S. then?
Will you have to rent your own apartment?
Ya know the "juicey" details!
Mom
Juicy details:
ReplyDeletepublic school:
GEt all the benefits (free housing, air ride back home, same salary, healthcare and more vacation)
Don't know details of the school yet.
Best to decide 2 months before start date because current school requires two month notice. So I hastily may have to decide by start of September.
Will try to see the school and area before go.
~Still don't know~
do you really need a new background check? you should be able to use the same one you used to get the current job . . .
ReplyDeletehmm they say I need a new one. Plus i don't have my original of the last one...just a copy. I thought you can't get this back?
ReplyDelete