Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Ramen Girl

Although I do eat ramen (Korean instant ramen) nearly every night during the week for dinner, I don't know if it quite captures the spirit of this upcoming movie.



The star is a white girl
Brittany Murphy who plays a girl in Japan who followed her boyfriend there only to be dumped.

She ends up finding new life in becoming a Ramen chef, only of course to find out it takes more than just hot water and instant ramen noodles.

As an expat in an Asian country I will look forward to seeing this someday because I too at times feel a sense of trying to find how I fit in here.

I hope it isn't a flop.

5 comments:

  1. "I don't if it quite captures the spirit of this upcoming movie."

    Did you mean "I won't"?

    Is this movie for real? Or just a U-TUBE parody?

    I hope you're getting some protein & green veges w/those noodles every nite? Tofu?
    What's a Momma to do 1/2 way round the world?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes mom it is real

    I add tofu and mushrooms to myramen it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could go both ways. It's Brittany Murphy.

    No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joy...I fixed some "tastey tofu" for lunch & thought of you!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made tasty tofu last week and thought of you~ it was good too...hope to make it again

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...