While BK was on the search for the Teahouse he heard about, we came upon a part of Insadong that was set off from the street. It was a shopping area, that had several floors to it.
What I really loved about this place was that on the stairwell there were graffiti scribblings, I didn't manage to get a pic but enjoyed it nonetheless.
Next we were off to the teahouse. Following BK's lead he went up a flight of stairs in a building and opened a door to a large room that had wooden tables and chairs, along with calligraphy paintings on the wall. The place was empty except for the host and so I immediately felt a sense of relaxation come on due to that it was a space away from all the people on the street. (smart move BK!)
I really felt at peace in this place, mostly because it was quiet and simply decorated. I think if anyone was going to treat another person to something special I would highly recommend going to a teahouse.
I think all the relaxation at the tea house made the activities of the day catch up with me because I became tired, so we headed home.
It was a lovely little trip and I hope to go back and do some shopping. Maybe pick up some souvenirs for everyone back home.
Well another work week ahead of me, I think I am getting the hang of things. :)
THANK YOU for sharing your "date" w/us!
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of everything & your commentary....
How often are you able to see BK now w/your schedule? What is he doing now that he's back home?
Was HANCOCK in English w/Korean subtitles? Is it really worth seeing in the theater or another one to wait for w/Netflix?
What w/Facebook & this blog, etc....where do you really want to do most of your communication (w/me)?
I'm having a hard time keeping up w/it all, along w/my study, etc...?
LOVE & HUGS
M.
Cute date=^^=
ReplyDeleteMom,
ReplyDeleteHow about you stick to my blog since I update it more throughly.
Hancock was in English with korean subtitles and I would wait for the DVD.
BK is going to summer courses for English lessons. He has time for me.
:)
Joy...by your "blog" are you referring to this blog?
ReplyDeleteAt the PO today checked out the stipulations for mailing a package to Korea. We cannot mail salt there?!
Watching the "Bachlerette" final episode......gotta go now!
Love this kind of stupid TV show!
V. relaxing!
BIG HUGS
M.
Mom,
ReplyDeleteyes I mean this blog :)
Ooo package!! hmmm I think I can find salt here :)
Allright hope you are having fun!
Joy