Friday, July 18, 2008

Before the Storm

Now is my time when I will be sitting back and embracing the storm that is about to come. This storm is the intensive month. Yes, I have overly mentioned this but now I just want you all to know that I feel I am mentally prepared and now all I need to do is physically get through it.

In other news hopefully I will find my way to a park this weekend so I can feel safe again under a tree.

To continue the food theme I thought I would note my breakfast and lunch. These are the ingredients I take out of my fridge for making lunch.
  • Bread
  • Lettuce
  • Peppers
  • Cheese and ham
Put it all together and you have:
Yummy!
And as for breakfast: It helps to eat a full breakfast, I can make it to lunch time and not feel starving. Yes! That is strawberry cream cheese with sstrawberry jam on top!

Having these foods in my fridge is comforting and makes me feel homely here. Of course some of these ingredients are pricey, but I have always considered that paying more for food you would eat is well worth it.

2 comments:

  1. It's HOMEY!! H O M E Y!
    HOMEY......
    Tuna salad...do you like that?
    Egg salad?

    Are there whole grain bread products there?!
    AND....what about good ole oatmeal?
    Eggs? Other sources of protein....

    Do the Koreans think your sandwich a strange lunch?
    What do they eat mostly for lunch?

    I made French Toast & Turkey Bacon for my brunch today! Always have my fresh fruit or fruit salad w/yogurt or cottage cheese first meal of the day w/ coffee!

    Going to Walmart for provisions now, after I drop of some graded papers for some of my students.

    IT's SATURDAY for you......yes indeed get to a PARK & enjoy nature! Any place to go swimming there?
    When are you going to get over to a coast?
    HUGS
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I bring my sandwhich to work and yes I get the "Oh" what is that stare. It is kind of like if you had an international employee at your work and they brought a tupperware with curry or some fish thing.

    CAn't find Oatmeal yet but will keep my eye out.

    I also eat fresh fruit before the meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...