Sunday, March 6, 2011

Unpack and Realize How Much Crap You Have

Yesterday I picked up two pieces of furniture from a dude on Facebook (thank you dude). A bookshelf and one of those TV stand tables. We didn't get that done till 8pm last night so this morning I spent my time emptying my boxes. I learned I have a lot of Lonely Planet books and a bunch of little stuff that doesn't have a place to go.

Before:
That was what the place looked like somewhere in the middle of my unpacking and arranging.
Here is what it looks like after I put it a bit more together.

After:
Until I get a desk and another bookshelf there is still quite some stuff left in boxes. I also seem to have too much toiletries and medicine, which won't fit in my current bathroom cabinet. 


So it is, we are here at the end of the weekend. Next week is likely going to be a whirlwind of craziness, but as long as everyone is along for the ride then I am okay with that. Maybe this is silly of me, but I keep wondering what it is like for the little first graders being in an Elementary school for the first time. I saw them last Friday as their homeroom teachers gave them a little orientation. They definitely look wide-eyed and dazed.

Goodness, I have been writing a lot about work lately. I hope this isn't bothering any of you. As things get into their groove I can go back to writing about other stuff...till then...


Bonus:
I also spent time today cleaning the "balcony" area, since it was caked in black dust. The following is the result of mopping and scrubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...