Friday, June 25, 2010

GEPIK Summer Plus Orientation: Part 1

Reflection:
Before I retell you the fun and interesting things I experienced for the last 3 days I just want to first spend time on reflecting it all.

The purpose was to have everyone learn something to help us become better teachers. I am super tired right now from choppy sleep and so can't really tell whether their goal for Orientation took place inside me.

What I do know is that I walked away from this event with the following things:
  • I made new friends who, like me, don't like to drink.
  • I found a few Scrabble buddies.
  • Speaking up in class and making a point everyone is thinking takes guts, but feels rewarding afterwards. 
  • The mind can feel angry but the heart humble.
The following posts will describe in more detail my experience and opinion of the lectures and activities provided. All I can say for now is that I am recuperating from being around more foreigners than I have ever been since I visited America last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...