Friday, January 1, 2010

Tiger Year

I am back from my road trip with JH around Korea. We went to Gyeongju and Busan and had a lovely time.

If you have been on a long road trip then you will know that you end up listening to the radio or tunes you put on.

Today on the way home one of the English radio stations out here was talking about 2010 being the Year of the Tiger. This year symbolizes strength and courage. And...

People born in the year of Sheep, Horse, Dog, Tiger, Ox or Dragon can start anything new in 2010 year of Tiger as per Chinese astrology as these years are compatible with Tiger. Whereas people born in Rabbit, Monkey or Rooster year need to try hard for good luck. For the remaining animals the 2010 year of Tiger will be neutral.
Looks like I might want to stock up on some good luck charms and figure out how to decrease bad luck.


It made me recall that 2009 was the year of the Ox, which meant a lot of hard work. To me these peices of information seem to fit correctly into the scheme of my life. Last year, indeed, felt like I had a lot of troubles to overcome, such as teaching for a whole year and dealing with that hell-hole office-tell.

And hearing that 2010 will be a year of "strength and courage" feels right too, since I do need more body strength which comes from a healthy lifestyle and the courage to overcome many lasting cultural differences I face here.

With that said I hope we all find the spirit of 2010 in us and make it a great year! *More posts to come with pics and stories from my road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...