Sunday, January 3, 2010

Amy's Organic Frozen Foods at Emart

I decided to take a stroll down the river outside my house this afternoon. It leads to Emart, and I said "What the heck, I need a USB stick."

After getting the USB stick I went to the food section with the intent on buying some shrimp. (I want to make some shrimp scampi liguini pasta) I walked into the very large "Organic" section, thinking "Eh, what could they have?"

There behind a glass door to my amazement were Amy's Brand Organic frozen foods. My heart skipped a beat at the sight and I nearly shouted, "Oh, My God!!". I quickly opened the door and grabbed a box of each without even caring about the price.

Later I was to discover the above pizza was 16,000 Won...haha...well just this one time and on occasion.

These products, to me, are really a taste of home. Living in Northern California you grow up with "Organic" everything. The new Organic section at Emart is starting to look a lot more promising now that I found these babies.

I was worried that they would not stock them enough in the future. So I went over to an Emart employee and in broken Korean said, "American....love....this...". With a huge grin and smile to reassure them. I think she got the message and said something to reassure me.

So check your local Emart's Organic section a little closer, who knows what you might find. If not then head down to my Emart here in Suji, which is just across from Jukjeon station.

2 comments:

  1. My Emart in Mia has carried Amy's products for at least the past 16 months... but I never bought them because it was *so* expensive. My mouth watered a little every time I walked by, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16,000 won = ? (guessing around $20)??

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...