Monday, March 23, 2009

Local Eats

When it comes to dinner time, after work, I usually eat out. It's not like I don't like to cook or don't know how to cook. In college I cooked dinner for myself every night and nearly every meal, which saved me a lot of money.

But I have a tiny kitchen with little room to prep food. However, I have been making myself a few meals now and then. Such as pasta, mandoo (dumplings) and ramen (I know bad).

So since I am mostly not cooking my dinner I eat out in my neighborhood. I live in a well sized area that there are several options for dining. But I do end up going to the same places and if you live anywhere and do that it can get a little stale. However, you have to take what you got and I don't really mind the options here. Koreans seem to cater to a wide array of taste buds. For instance, there is even an Indian place in my area, which is really good.

Well, I have been meaning to write up the places I eat at regularly but haven't gotten around to it. BK even makes a little joke at me, asking me which one is in rotation. I do see the same people often, and when you eat by yourself you tend to get the curious eye.

I can't bring myself to take pictures of the food or the restaurant by myself because it would just cause more anxiety and embarrassment. But I ate at one of the places with BK on Sunday so I took it as an opportunity to take some pictures.

The name of the place Hoa Binh and it is a Vietnamese noodle restaurant. The restaurant in the picture is the one with the green lettered sign next to the orange lettered sign 2F (2nd floor).
I ordered a stir fried noodle dish, on the mild side. I have tried their "hot" version it is really hot! I love how their dishes come with a little side of pineapple.
BK ordered a Pho dish (noodle soup) with beef. Here he is mixing it up.
I try my best to still eat healthily while eating out, but you know it can be hard when you don't want to eat the same stuff all the time. Oh well, I am grateful anyways for my choices! Hopefully I can figure out more meals to cook for myself and save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...