Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some Realization

Today I was sitting in Baskin Robbins with a friend eating ice-cream (of course). It was around the time people were getting off of work from their business jobs.

So in came a troupe of business men and women stopping to get some ice-cream. Dressed in suits and gelled up hair the image reminded me of BK. He is a businessman. As I watched them eat and sit there not really paying attention to one another, I realized this kind of scene was part of the cause of our breakup. I wasn't fitting into his new lifestyle, nor was he fitting me into it. I didn't really feel regret when seeing and acknowledging this, but I just noticed how my life and world was outside theirs.

"No wonder" I thought to myself. However, deep inside I wish I did fit into his life somehow and that if he loved me enough he would have found the way.

Yet that kind of after-work-businessman-stuff wouldn't really appeal to me even if I lived in Seoul and could join BK.

Hmmm even though I didn't fit into his equation on life I still want to fit into some other Korean man's equation....hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Clarification will continue to come as you move through the process. We all deserve someone who is going to make us a priority in their life, someone who is going to love us for who we are (even early go to bedders!)and someone who finds a secure place in their life for us that nothing can shake. You and BK had a relationship that has changed you forever and you are learning so much from this experience that I am sure you will meet someone who is perfect for you, I am sure of it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those realizations as well. Feel free to email me anytime you need. What was that ramen that you wanted again? I forgot the description. Wish you were here to enjoy this with me. I'll load pictures soon...

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...