So I decided to do a little checking of the facts on what and why I am in the predicament I am in. Also I realize that one of the next challenges is going to be my final paycheck and what is deducted. So I am going to have to bring up the financial side of things to my supervisor the next time we talk.
First I have figured out why they are giving me the boot. The complaints:
*This post has been edited so to insure I do not get in trouble with slandor.
Basically the policies are that if you get enough complaints they can recommend your dismissal.
Now, this does not come as surprise because I recall being told this in the second meeting we had last month. Which is that they told me if they were to speak to me again about complaints then they would have no choice but to consider my dismissal.
And when they told me this, I told them that I found it inevitable that I would end up with complaints, considering that it is dependent on the children and their parents, which I have no control over.
Well that's in the past now and here we are looking at dismissal.
This is an important consideration right now because it makes a difference in the financial part of my leave.
So it comes to that if I give a letter or resignation I believe I can be eligible to have what I owe them be prorated. If I am not allowed to resign it will then be that they are dismissing me and what I owe them will be up to them to agree upon an amount.
I hope that doesn't make your head spin. Unfortunately, what I feel is going to happen is I will be told that I am being dismissed and that I will be barred from resigning.
Also if were to work up through to the end of November that would make it to the 6 month mark.
Either way I know I am screwed and that my last paycheck will be chopped up to bits and the remains will be slim.
What to do:
My plan of action is to talk to them about this professionally. They requested that I think about this weekend and that we talk about it again next week, and sign an agreement. Now that I have done my thinking I know what priorities I want on that written agreement:
- Guarantee of a Letter of Release
- Allowed to work till the end of November (6 month mark)
- The rate that will be taken from my final paycheck to cover reimbursement.
Sigh... despite all the aspects of this occurrence dealing with the legal jargon and maintenance is the one that I find the most uncomfortable.
Either way I still have to go in tomorrow and work. Hmm, I actually though don't feel so stressed about being there and wondering if the kids are going to complain, now that I know it doesn't matter.
All right~ time to rest.