Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tiger's Tale

Yesterday was a day spent with one of my other kitties "Tiger." A few weeks ago I gave him to my friend who lives out near Everland. We were a little sad to see Tiger go, but felt he was in good care. Unfortunately, about a week later my friend called me to tell me that she had been let go from her hagwon due to that they couldn't pay her anymore. It was a franchise hagwon but out in the sticks, so this kind of stuff is likely typical. In her situation, of having to find a job quickly or get out of the country, keeping Tiger was going to be difficult. I agreed to take him back and that my boyfriend would keep Tiger at his house. She thinks she might be more settled by January so I told her we can discuss returning him then.

However, as you will see, I don't know if that will be possible since JH and his family are getting attached to the little guy.

If you don't know by now, yesterday morning started off with a light snow and sleet storm. Already, the day started with a kick.

When we got to my friends house I was informed that poor Tiger was sick with the runs and needed medicine. Tiger and my friend said their goodbyes and we were on way back to my house. I bought an animal carrier to deal with this transportation but it proved unbearable for Tiger. So we let him out and roam around the car. Eventually, he found JH's lap and took a liking to it.

Probably not the safest way to drive and yes JH isn't wearing his seat belt, which is something I have given up fighting over.

Before we took Tiger back inside my house we quickly picked up Tom and took them both to our Vet. My friend took Tiger to a Vet near her home, but it was time for all the kitties to get their second core vaccine. The vet checked out Tiger's condition and concluded he was sick due to stress. From that point all I knew is that Tiger needed to get to JH's house so he can have a place to settle in to. But momma and pappa kitty were tired, so we grabbed some takeout and rested a while back at my house.

In the meantime, Tiger re-acquainted himself with Tom by rolling around and playing.

I can't really say for sure the reunion was a happy one. Tiger was really stressed and Tom was in a "let's make peace" kind of mode. Tiger ended up getting kind of growl-y and possessive, so we knew it was time to move on.

It was back in the car for little Tiger, which he slept pretty much the whole way to Seoul. JH personally carried him into his house, where Tiger crept around and got familiar with his new home.

His mom and sister weren't home, but I think that was good as it allowed him to comfortably look around. There were good signs of his adjustment, like not running to a corner and staying there. He looked around, drank water and checked out many places. Also, he played a lot with JH. Something tells me Tiger remembered JH from before we gave him away and missed him.
We were waiting around for his sister and mom to come back so we can help them get acquainted. Keep in mind neither JH or his family have ever raised a kitten or a cat. I was really worried about this.

JH left the house to get some food for Tiger, and his family came home. So there I was watching TV and playing with Tiger when they walked in. Tiger scurried off and hid under JH's bed. His mom looked and sounded upset. Unfortunately, due to the language barrier I couldn't help explain Tiger's condition.

JH's sister was happy and curious, but poor Tiger was scared and was hiding. As his mom unpacked and got ready to cook dinner I tried to coax Tiger out from under the bed so to help him meet his new family. JH came back and I got Tiger out and carried him around to help the others meet him. We put him down and he went exploring. But JH and his Mom got into an argument, which I couldn't understand whether it meant doom for Tiger. Things cooled down and it seemed JH was use to this. We waited, ate dinner and his mom slowly accepted the situation. I for one understand her displeasure as she was likely concerned about the cleanliness of her house and who would take care of him. Certainly, that was my initial reaction when JH brought me the kitties that night.

As the evening carried on they got more fun time in with Tiger and I could see they were warming up to him. His sister watched as he used the litter box and was in awe of his "pawing the litter" skills.

JH took me home and I went to bed last night knowing Tiger has a place to live. This morning I got good news from JH that Tiger slept well and this morning his sickness was gone. Plus his sister and his mom had warmed up more to him and were out buying stuff for him at Emart.

I hope that is the end of kitty sagas as I still have a week left to tend to Tom, who has been an active guy lately.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tale!
    It got me laughing when you concluded w/Mom & Sis going shopping at emart for Tiger!
    It's obvious that JH really loves little Tiger!


Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...