Friday, December 18, 2009

Materials from One Year of Teaching


One of the boxes I took with me was full of stuff from teaching at my last school. I had accumulated what probably most teachers pile up. Such as lesson plans, pencils, pens, flashcards, notebooks, toys you want to give as prizes, and so on.

Going through the stuff I felt some regret at how things turned out at my last school and wish I could be there. The kids I taught are going to graduate and I wish I could see them off as they change from children to adolescents. But I learned so much from that position and can now teach with experience.

I know I have been writing a lot lately about the job. It seems to have consumed my life these days. I want to say I do a lot of planning at work and don't waste my time on the interwebs, even though I painted that picture.

But next week I only teach for two days before vacation hits. Then it's two weeks of vacation then two weeks of winter English camp at the school. February comes and it is time to prepare for the new semester, which is the beginning of a new school year. I may get different coteachers so the whole game might change. Also the age level I teach might change too. I am not nervous about those changes as I know there will be time to ease into it all.

In my last post I received some great comments about the situation I am adjusting too so thank you. ;)

The holidays are coming and I am behind in family gifts and cards. Poor JH doesn't even have a gift yet, but I hope to fix that tomorrow.

Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...