Ok well I have no clue if you readers are sick of hearing my preparations for Japan, but as you know I am leaving tomorrow morning.
I will bring my laptop with me in hopes to use it in the hotel.
Anyways here are some preparations I have been doing:
- Familiarizing myself with Japan's rail system. How to get to my hotel..etc. Discount passes.
- Figuring where to go and on what day. I know I said I would go there and find places to go on the whim, but I thought I have a few areas of interest in mind before I go.
- Of course the Ghibli Museum
- Edo-Tokyo Museum in Ryogoku This place is actually not far from my hotel, so I could stop by the museum and then take a train ride up to Asakusa to see a temple and pagoda.
- Yoyogi park (near Harajuku) and then ride down to Shibuya for some shopping and sites.
- Figuring out Japanese money the Yen. People say it is expensive there, which certain shops probably are. So I will try to find the cheap or mid-range food and goods.
1,000 ¥= $11.00 / ₩15,000 (aprox)
2,000¥ = $22.00 / ₩30,000 (aprox)
This one is my favorite because of the scene on the back which is from the Genji Monogatari.
5,ooo ¥= $55.25 / ₩75,000 (aprox)
10,000 ¥= $110.50 / ₩151,000 (aprox)
I think what will end up happening is that I will receive a lot of coins when I buy stuff. At least I hope this is what happens there!
Anyways, I am of course excited and wondering if I have prepared enough. But hey it is just time to go and see it all for myself. Getting lost is all part of taking on an adventure.
Okay...see you in Japan!