Monday, January 26, 2009

Guess What Today Is?

It is Koreans-are-nowhere Day!

Due to the Lunar Holiday 설날 (Seollal) most Koreans and their family members are meeting today to give filial piety to their ancestors. BK is up in the mountains again doing it. I would have gone but it meant an early start and .... well sleeping at his house which is really awkward.

But the most celebratory part I feel is that in my neighborhood all is quiet!! Usually I get to hear the musical tastes blasting out of the shops, but not today. However, some shops may open later...so we will see how long this lasts. Anyways, on the flip side it does mean not much is open.

Well Happy Seollal!

1 comment:

  1. On one hand, it would be neat to be in Korea for the new year, but on the other hand, I'm glad to be avoiding the potential crowds, etc, here in DC. Thankfully, all the inauguration tourists have left by this point.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...