Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to Work

Vacation ended on Wednesday and it is now Thursday here in Korea. Going back to work after having not been to my school since January 2, has been interesting.

The kids didn't come yesterday, but they did come today. However, they didn't come to English class and instead did some ceremony stuff in their homeroom classes. But, tomorrow they will come to English class, and Fridays are always my busiest.

I am happy to see the kids, because it gives meaning to what I do here. Yesterday and today I spent my time preparing for the Advanced class that meets 3 times a week. We don't have a new book yet for them so in the meantime I prepared games and activities.

I am feeling more positive and confident about teaching this time around. I think I have winter camp to thank for this, because I learned that it is okay to let go and have fun with the kids.

For the regular schedule I still don't know what lesson we are starting at, so I need to ask my coteacher. Funny thing is though, she has not been in my sight as much lately. She has been doing most of her work in the teacher room and also spending time chatting with the other coteachers. If it is one thing I have learned working with Koreans is that you if need answers, you can't wait for them to come to you. So I go and find her and ask her my questions until I think I have the full story.

Life:

In the meantime, I have been busy back at my house doing laundry and cleaning up the place. I guess it is back to a regular work / rest schedule. Since BK now works it is a relief to know that we are practically living the same kind of schedule. He works from 7am - 6:30pm (approximately).

Maybe some of you know, but next month will be our 1 year anniversary. I still cannot believe a whole year will pass since I first met him. I think though as we approach the one year mark I am a bit nervous about our future. Just curious where our relationship is going and how it will develop.

Anyways, I am unsure whether you (my readers) like to read these kinds of updates / thoughts.

Well, here is to the new start at my school~! To everyone else coming back from your vacations, good luck~!

3 comments:

  1. Why are you "nervous" about your future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno ~ Just feeling like it...but I think it is all okay anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I hope we'll hear more about it when you have more news :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...