Friday, January 30, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies

Yes, you heard me right. I said Girl Scout Cookies. First a little background:
  • I was a Girl Scout all the way from Daisy to uh whatever the high school level is...oops.
  • I sold Girl Scout cookies (when I still lived in Florida) from my backpack. I would load them up then inline-skate from house to house selling them.
  • I went to Girl Scout camp nearly every summer till I was in high school.
  • I worked at two Girl Scout camps in California.
So I guess you could say that if you mentioned Girl Scout cookies to me, I would get more than a mouth watering feeling but also a nostalgic one.


Lately, Girl Scout cookies have been in the news. Everything from a Peanut Butter poisoning scare to the crappy economy affecting poor little Girl Scouts across the nation.

For one they say that due to the cost of packaging and shipping that the size and number of cookies in a box have shrunk. Gee I wonder how small a Thin Mint is now.

Mom, has reassured me that she will send me a box of Somoas, which are my favorite. (The coconut ones).

If I were to see a box of Girl Scout cookies here in Korea I don't know what I would do. Probably take a picture than buy a box or two. I am thinking the army bases have a stash of their own.

Well, here is to missing a slice of America!

9 comments:

  1. Thin Mints and Samoas. I always got a box or three of each.

    However, Girl Scouts don't go door-to-door much anymore. I would count on someone posting an order form in the faculty lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably true. It makes me appreciate my childhood..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Girl Scout Cookies in Itaewon. I bet I have a picture somewhere. I'll try to find it and post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man... a foreigner here had the Samoas... Made me promise to bear his children in exchange for two.

    It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course there are some in Itaewon...the land of wonders~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen them in front of Publix yet!
    Will let ya know when I do.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where in Itaewon are these so called girl scouts hiding the cookies? I'm in dire need of those coconut samoas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also found some Girl Scout cookies in a random store in Itaewon. I was walking in the alley from the subway towards the Foreign Food restaurant and What the Book and they were in a random store selling foreign foods on the right hand side about halfway through the alley. Not sure if that helps but I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess go and browse around Itaewon and maybe you will get lucky~

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...