Friday, May 7, 2010

Spring Cleaning

You know what I discovered about spring cleaning? That you come across things which remind you of people in your past. For example, I was cleaning out my medicine cabinet, which is very full, and found some tabs that my ex bought. You ask yourself, "Why am I keeping this?" Then you understand that the tabs are for allergies and perhaps you might need it someday.

But then you can't help but go down memory lane of when that occurrence happened. And I think that is what life is about. I mean life is about memories and carrying feelings around and then cleaning your house someday and taking out that memory and letting it go.

It has been just about two years here in Korea and of course I have so many memories, both good and bad. In addition, just because I left my home country doesn't mean all the memories from my time there are far away. So, yea I go through my memories as I sit alone in my house and hash out their meaning then move on.

Spring cleaning is great because you get to clean out the junk in your life. 

Oh, did I mention that this weekend marks my one year anniversary with JH? Well it does! A whole year has gone by since I met him, can you believe it?! But it has been a really good year and one of growth too.

I just hope this one year anniversary doesn't turn out like it did with my ex (check the backlog of my blog to understand).

The weather promises to be wonderful this weekend and so I know it will be a good time. :)

....

Are you spring cleaning? If so, do you too come across sappy memories from your past?

4 comments:

  1. Medicine comes w/an expiration date.
    When it's wise to get rid of it.
    What abount memories?

    A question for one & all.
    I'm not sure.....

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is what I was doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your one year with JH. We need to hang out:)

    I've been doing some spring cleaning literally and metaphorically and it feels good to get things back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) yes let's hang out sometime ... I will be in Ewha this weekend I think

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...