Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Studying Hard

A few relatives of mine sent me this article from the New York Times, so I thought I would make a post about it.

This article highlights about how some high school students in Korea attend private high schools where the emphasis is on getting into American Ivy League schools.
But what it also touched on is the amount of rigorous studying these students go through.Reading this article I feel grateful for my highschool experience where I think I didn't start studying until Senior year.
Bo Kwan and I have had a discussion about this topic and has told me about how during high school no one has time for relationships or dating.
After graduation I can imagine a lot of people hooking up.
Well, I guess I am curious what kind of reality I will see of this when I am in Korea.
Hopefully I will see some kids having a good time out of class, and think there is hope for these youngins'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...