Saturday, April 5, 2008

Start of Journey - Countdown day 48 to lift off

Greetings,
Welcome to my new blog. My name is Joy and I am about to embark on a journey to teach English in Korea. For me this is a dream becoming a reality. I have had the idea to live abroad for quite some time now and during the past few months I worked on making it a reality. In fact my New Year's resolution was to go and live in Korea. Ever since then I have applied to teaching positions, accepted one, and now have a plane ticket to Seoul.

Since most of my readers will be friends and family you will know already my background. That the past year of my life was definitely by far the hardest, having been stricken with a genetic disease. At that time I had hard time believing that my life would regain its usual speed.

Moving my life over to Korea is an exciting and nervous endeavour. Yet at the root of this adventure is my long-time desire to experience another culture and to be a foreigner. Here in America, especially living in San Francisco, I am witness to many immigrants who come to this country seeking better fortune or a new life. I have often wondered what this global transplantation is like for these people. Now I feel confident that I am going to experience this immigration experience yet as an expat in Korea.

It is my goal to document the images, sounds, smells and experiences that I go through while becoming a foreigner.

Sincerely,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...