Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Open Class Approaches

On Thursday I have four open classes, which means it is going on all day. The parent's will be within breathing distance from me, all the while observing and evaluating. Or maybe they will just be mesmerized by my kick-ass presentation!

Who knows?

All I know is that last week I stressed out about it and this week I am trying to hold on to some confidence. My plans use some good material and activities, but the bookwork is what I am concerned with.

Really, I just want Thursday to pass so that I can move on with my life and find out if I fit the bill or not.

2 comments:

  1. You fit the bill or they wouldn't have hired you in the first place....so JUST get on w/it!
    Smile & keep the kids engaged...they'll be nervous too & not their "usual" selves 'cause Mom & Dad will be in the room.
    Stop worrying & Affirm you are doing a good job today, tmw & Thurs, too!
    xxx ooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had three open classes in one month-- my school went a little overboard I think, but each time I just made sure the parents could see that their kids were being engaged and that they were given adequate time to work on their own (or in groups)-- something my co-workers told me was very important. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...