The following are works from the past two years (some you might have seen before).
- "KoreAmerica 2"
- Watercolor
- 2011
- Part of a series I am working on where I attempt to blend the space between Korea and America. Relates to my perception that both these countries are my home, and so exist together in my mind.
- "Kolleen Park"
- Watercolor
- 2011
- My contribution to the portrait contest held by the group ArtPoli.
- "Flowers in a Cup"
- Watercolor
- 2010
- Just an ordinary study.
- "Cool Flowers"
- Watercolor
- 2010
- Inspiration from the cherry blossoms near my home last spring.
- "ChocoMilk"
- Watercolor
- 2010
- Part my "droplet" series where I executed very fine colors in the shape of droplets. Was inspired by an everyday object, like a box of chocolate milk.
- "Chungmuro"
- Watercolor
- 2009-2010
- Inspiration from the train station and my droplet series.
- Droplet series
- 2009
- Exploring this theme.
- "Trees and an Apartment"
- Watercolor
- 2009
- Part of my "Apartment" series where I grapple with the site of large apartment complexes seen throughout Korea.
- "Apartment Circle"
- Watercolor
- 2009
- Sometimes the reach the sky so much it seems like they are floating.
- Mini studies of the apartments.
- Watercolor
- 2009
- "Army Girl"
- Watercolor
- 2009
- "Girl With Flower"
- 2009
- Watercolor
- Blending images together and finding something in the innocence of children.
- "Beach"
- 2009
- Watercolor
- Inspiration from a trip to Busan.
- "Tree"
- 2009
- Watercolor
- One time I felt homesick and so painted this tree that is in front of my family's home.
- "Buddhist Lanterns"
- 2010
- Watercolor
- "Cidar Bottle"
- 2009
- Watercolor
- Cidar is delicious and best with sizzling meat, but I particularly enjoy the old-style bottles it comes in. I took one home and it has seen been inspirational.























Wonderful...commented previously on fb....however, the little blue beach study, hadn't seen that one before...really like it too!
ReplyDeleteWhat's cidar? A Korean beverage or are you talkin' about apple cider?
If only I were talking about Apple cider. Actually I spelled it wrong as it should say, "cider".
ReplyDeleteIt isn't made from apples as far as I know.
It is Korea's version of sprite, and is actually quite refreshing. Not as sugary.
Wow. Very Very amazing.
ReplyDeleteAnd I your portrayal of the most 'trivial' details of society, and Korea is very appreciative and creative. I don't think I've seen that anywhere before, and not by a Korean artist either, and definitely with not as much genuinity.
Thank you Unknown. By chance have we met?
ReplyDeleteNope . . but I've known of your blog since a while back. I just started really exploring it though. And I have to say your pictures and detail of your explorings are incredible and thorough.
ReplyDelete