Summer seems to have left like an unwanted guest. Temperatures have dipped down into the 50's in the morning and the 60's during the day.
Today was the first day I put on jeans, which I really needed to do. I was being stubborn the past few days wearing long skirts but the chill was definitely felt. Sigh, time to take out the winter clothing. I really want to purchase new long sleeve shirts and a fall coat, but don't feel like it till I definitely know what my plans are for this winter.
It sure is getting close, people. Next week I will be told about my contract and whether or not they want to renew. I am in the camp of that they don't want to renew, based on a rumor I heard from the other foreign teacher. (They want to only keep one foreigner teacher) Also, I am leaning heavily to take a rest and find something new for next year, even if they want to keep me.
And whatta ya know? Tomorrow is my birthday. Wow a whole year went by and I am turning ... gasp... 29. (USA age) Although I enjoy getting older I am still astonished that my 20's are basically over. Looking back I spent 7 years of it in college, half a year of it terribly sick, and then the rest of it here in Korea. Certainly, all of which were meaningful to my life. What's next, right? I feel myself not too worried. Rather I feel really ambitious and full of ideas. I think I am starting to get over that 20-something anxiety about how to manage one's life.
My birthday is on a Thursday (again) and so the celebrations won't be too big. So far I hope to gather with some local pals for a pleasant night. I guess this would be my third birthday in Korea, and definitely it feels a lot better than the first one I spent at the hagwon.
This winter I hope to be more active and not let the cold-snowy weather get in my way. But, summer... I sure do miss you.
Lol, I do not miss summer at all. I love Fall, even when it comes so briskly. I am dreading winter though. I hope you are having a great b-day!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete