The website Korea.net informs in their geology section "that Korea is a mountainous peninsula" and "The east coast shows typical features of an uplifted topography, chiefly a relatively straight shoreline, whereas the west coast has the features of a submerging shoreline."
Unless you are a geological enthusiast like I am, I bet you are probably beginning to nod off at this post.
So let me just say what I think will be points of interest for my geological tastes.

- Jeju Island: Was created by volcanic activity. Therefore it will have lava tubes, caves and a lot of black rocks.

- Osaek Hot Springs: The only springs I have been to were in Florida and they were not hot, but rather cool...which is okay...it was Florida. Going to this place is said to be good for "...stomach-ailments, anemia, and neuralgia." I think I will want to go there...but I have not clue how close it is to Seoul
In general, it looks like Korea offers up mountainous terrain with granite and gniess rock, lava tubes, caves and hot springs.
I look forward to making it out to some of these places and reporting back on the geology I see.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Your Thoughts