They are not going to renew my contract, so they will be looking for a new teacher.
Kind of a little shocking and scary when I first heard it. But given all that happened within the last year I guess I didn't exactly fit their idea of what a foreign teacher ought to be.
Ah well~ All I have to say is that I know the result and that means I can move on. It also means I don't have to plan past October for my special class.
But it also entails that I will be looking for a new job and usually there aren't that many available to start in November. Therefore I am faced with some new opportunities in life.
Here is a short sketch of what is running around in my head.
- Must be at an elementary school. No private school unless it is idealistic.
- Stay within Gyeonggi-do (the province surrounding Seoul). Look for placement in Bundang, Guri or here in Gunpo. (Preferably close to Seoul).
- Do not sign unless I see the house and agree it is suitable.
- Could take the free ticket home to America (in November) and visit family, but will want to return to Korea. That means I would have to pay for my flight back.
- Stay in Korea on a tourist visa until I find a suitable job...might not be till February. Where would I stay?
All in all this is exciting, disappointing and a little scary all at the same time. I know I need to learn from this and when I walk into my new job I will try to do my best.
For now I am realizing how much I am going to miss the kids at this school and hope I didn't let them down.