Friday, November 7, 2008

Schedule

One of the great things lately about my job change has been the schedule. I am to teach up to 24 hrs each week. I am at school from 8:30 to 4:30, and this kind of schedule makes me feel like a normal working class citizen. So far I haven't adjusted enough to coming home after work and doing something fun or creative. This is because I have been recovering from my sinus infection, which is getting better...slowly.

Anyways, as adults we work a lot of our waking life. You spend a good chunk of your time at your workplace and with those people you work with. In my case it is one coteacher and lots of children. This is a different contrast from working at the hagwon, because I worked with 5 Korean coteachers, who all had their own personalities. As we all know, it didn't go all too well.

And so the really most enjoyable aspect is the schedule.

Let's take a look:
  • Mon: 9am - 12pm = 4 classes, free till 3pm with one class.
  • Tues: 9am-12pm = 4 classes, free till 4:30 pm when I go home.
  • Wed: 9am- 11:30 = 3 classes, free till 3 pm with one class.
  • Thurs: 9am - 12pm = 4 classes, free till 4:30pm when I go home.
  • Fri: 9am - 12pm = 4 classes, 1pm - 4:30pm = 3 classes (the busiest day)
It is like a donut, with the busiest days being Mon and Fri. But it is a strong difference compared to the 7 classes I taught each day at the hagwon, not to mention I won't have an intensive period.

Since my surroundings and schedule are all pretty much wonderful, not having a window is something I can live with, till they work out getting me a new home.

Winter vacation is coming for the school which will last through Dec.26 to Jan. 26...something like that. I have to tell them when I want my 2 weeks vacation and when I want to teach 1 week of winter camp. For that remaining week I don't know if I still work or what.

This weekend looks a little busy, for I am going to go into Gangnam to do my um "English giving". ;)

And I still need to kind of unpack so my little space isn't so crowded.

Well back to work!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you're taking a positive attitude and enjoying the other aspects of your new job while waiting for things to get sorted out with the window-less apartment!

    What does "English giving" entail? It sounds like you're talking about private tutoring - hence the round-about terminology - but if it's something else, can you explain it for those of us who don't know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PAul~ you hit the nail on the head with the English Giving. But I decided that I can't give anymore and quit this extracurricular thing. I need time to adjust here.

    I am trying really hard to stay positive but it is hard when my neihbors smoke and it billows into my room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH!!!!!
    Momz is back & says, "Cigarette smoke is TOTALLY unacceptable & you CANNOT WAIT indefinitley for a new apt."
    As I suggested to you on the phone, I would establish a 30-45 day deadline (with your recruiter) from the date you started at this school, for you to be MOVED into your new place, at their expense (paying moving costs).
    So if I was you I would find another place on my own w/the aid of a RE agent & work out the money things w/the school.

    The smoke & lack of fresh air from a window is seriously detrimental to your health, especially that you are being treated for a respiratory condition.

    So says......Mz Iriz/aka....Momz!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...